Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

In honor of Dr. Seuss, whom I have loved since I was a little girl  I am reposting a post I did a few years ago when my little on was learning how to read:

Enjoy!

***************


Dr. Seuss, we do love you.
You make us rhyme with new blue goo.

Green Eggs and Ham
That Sam-I-Am

A Cat In The Hat
how about that?

My youngest is now starting to read
And a book from you is just what she needs.

She created a reading area in the hall
With stacks of books around her all.

I had gotten these books out from in a box
That belonged to her sister, including Fox in Socks.

I myself had read them here and there
When I was young I read them everywhere.

Fox in Socks is my favorite one.
The tongue twisting.....I got it done.

And here my youngest is, reading Green Eggs and Ham.
She loves the book, especially Sam-I-Am.

So Dr. Seuss, thank you so much for your wonderful words.
Your drawings, rhyming and odd looking birds.



No comments:

Post a Comment