Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Shoot Like A Girl


Yes, another necklace from my beautiful friend, Stacy, who owns Bella Wish, from which this necklace came from.  When I saw that she had this in her store, I KNEW I had to have it.

I have ALWAYS loved photography.  Ever since I got my first polaroid camera when I was 10.  When I first took Photo in Junior High and again in High School, with my Pentax K1000.  I LOVED that camera.  I loved black and white photography.  I loved working with the pictures in the darkroom.  I always wanted to have a darkroom of my own in my own house.

Well, life got in the way, and things happen, and with me and my practical side, I never did any pursuing with it.  Along come my children and of course with children come photos.  And with the timing of them, along came scrapbooking too.  I fell in love with scrapbooking.  And what do you scrapbook?  Photos?  And how do you want to make your pages look better and stand out?  Take great pictures.  So my photography side came back out again.

When my mom passed away, I bought myself a Canon Digital Rebel SLR.  I love that camera.  The grip is all worn off and I need to get a new grip, but I still love it.  I love the lens I purchased for myself about 2 years ago as well.  There is a new lens I want to get as well, and hopefully soon I can get it.

So about 2 years ago, I really started getting into photography again.  I started shooting action shots (softball) and in the process, found a friend who does a lot of photography.  I started making connections.  I started talking to my friend, Brad, who is an AMAZING photographer, and AMAZING friend.  This was it.  The timing seemed so right.  I worked part-time, the girls were getting a little older, this was perfect, I was going to get the free time to finally start pursuing this.  I was out taking pictures around all different places.  I was getting some really good shots.

Then, once again, life happened.  And it wasn't meant to be then.

Once again, it got put on the back burner.  And I mean the WAY back burner.  To the point that I didn't pick up my camera for months.

And I missed it.

Boy did I miss it.

Just before Christmas I did a photo shoot with my girls.  We went down to Balboa Park and had fun.  And I worked with a difficult subject.  My youngest daughter.  Who was NOT in the mood to have her picture taken, AT ALL.  But I worked through it and loved the results.

This past weekend we had an AMAZING moon out to see.  Well, for those of us who didn't have COMPLETE cloud cover, that is.

So the night was beautiful and I went up to my friend's house for about a 1/2 hour and sat in his backyard and  shot this moon:

And again, I fell in love with my camera.

I'm hoping that this will help me to jumpstart this passion again and start moving things along.

Only time will tell.  But I know that this passion will not go away, and through all the obstacles, I will, one day be able to pursue this.

No comments:

Post a Comment