Thursday, September 17, 2015

3 Years Later

This morning on my way to work I was thinking about this blog.   When I logged into it, I realized that it has been almost 3 years since I wrote on here!

So much has happened since then!

I love to look back and read what I wrote back then.   I love to see where I am now, versus where I was back then.

And even if no one else reads this, it's okay.  It's my life journey.

4 1/2 years ago I decided to start this blog.   As a change from my previous blog, (mostly because the blog's title no longer applied to me:  Thoughts Of A Mostly Stay At Home Mom.

Wow, 4 1/2  years ago.  I looked back through some of the blog posts.   Wow.  How much has progressed!

The last time I wrote, I had barely moved into my new place.   I'm still here.  I love my place.

I'm officially divorced.  Have been for over a year and a half.  And you know what?  He and I get along great now.  Who would have thought?   We are friends.   It took a long time coming after the separation, but at least we both moved forward.  After being with someone for 18 years, sharing 2 children, it's always better for everyone if exes get along.   I know it doesn't always happen, but luckily it works fine for us.  

I remember a long time ago, seeing these two people, who were exes who got along great for the sake of their daughter.   Hell, even her new husband coached with her ex-husband!   I always remembered that and told myself that if I ever did get divorced that I would want to strive for that type of relationship were exes got along.

I still go to his parents for Christmas celebrations.  I'm still friends with all of his side of the family.  After all, they were my family too for so long.    Some people might think its weird or awkard, but it has never been that way for me.  

Okay, enough reminiscing.  Let's move forward:

I just celebrated my 4th anniversary at my job.  I still love it here.  It's my work family here.

My girls.   Wow, I am constantly amazed at how wonderful they are.  My oldest just started her junior year of college.  Already?!  It amazes me how awesome she is.  (Okay yes, and sassy too, for those that know her, lol)

My youngest?  Well, she just started 8th grade, is on ASB, and cheers for Pop Warner football.  What??!  My baby who would barely talk to people?  This girl is coming out of her shell in a good way!

Me?  Ahhh, yes.  Me.

I still love my life.

I have an AMAZING man in my life.  He rocks my world.

My photography?  Wow, I am so grateful for all the people who choose to have me photograph important moments in their lives.  And their children's lives.   Every year I get more and more clients.  And this is just a side business for me!

Crocheting.  Another side business I have.  Since my photography has taken off, the crochet side has suffered some, but that's okay.  I had to take a break for six months anyway, as I was starting to get tendonitis in my left hand.  OUCH.

Finding that balance in my life has not been easy and sometimes it's still not easy.  

But I make it work.  Because I choose to.

And I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment