Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Blog Reading and a Brief Insight



Years ago when I first decided to start a blog, I was inspired by a few bloggers.  Karen Walrond of Chookooloonks, Heather Armstrong at Dooce,  Chris Jordan from Notes From The Trenches, and my dear friend, Stacy at Clover and Sage,    Every now and then I get a chance to read them, but definitely not like I used to be able to way back then.

I had another blog before this, where I would write the ins and outs of my life back then.  A "Mostly" SAHM (stay at home mom).

Way back then I only worked part-time.  Only while my kids were in school and not on Mondays at all.  Mondays used to me MY day.  Well that day and Sunday afternoons.  But Mondays were the days when no one was in the house.  I could catch up on stuff if I wanted to.  I could go help out at their schools.  I could sit and read blogs if I wanted to.  I could get inspired from what I saw and read on the internet and actually attempt them.  I could get errands done.  So even though I did use that day to catch up on things, it was still MY day to do as I pleased.

I was reading Notes From The Trenches today and it just brought me back to those times when I did read her blog regularly.  She blogs mostly about her daily life with her and her children.  All 7 of them.

That's one of the things I miss a lot.  Spending more time with my girls in their day to day activities, including school activities.  Little insignificant things that may not mean a lot to most, but were enjoyable to me.

Now, I can sit here and reminisce about it all the time and be melancholy, but what good is that going to do anyone?  Definitely not good for me.

Things happen.

Life changes.

You have to move forward.

Because if you don't, you can't enjoy the life there is in the here and now.

So we learn to adjust and make do with how it is now.

Back then my oldest was younger than my youngest one is now.  Now she has a car and spends most of her free time with friends or texting (not while driving though). Today we left the house at the same time and she ended up driving right next to me.  Now THAT was weird.....seeing my daughter driving a car next to me.  I remember when she would drive the little Cozy Coupe plastic car on the back patio.

Back then my dreams were to get the house in perfect decorating order, create the perfect scrapbooks, think about  possibly doing something creatively to earn extra income.  Go on school field trips.  In the Summer, take my girls to the beach, or the park, or the zoo.  I would write to my girls in the journals I had for them  I would sew clothes for them.   Work on crafts with them.  Be the ultimate "UberMom". Be a famous Mommy Blogger.

Now I'm lucky if I get the dishes and the laundry done.

But the creative part is still there.  It always will be.  I grew up on it and there's no way to eliminate that in my life.

And I'm even working on ways to produce income from it as well.

And the girls and I still carve in time as well.  The other night the younger one and I played Mario Cart Wii.  The older one and I watch TV in the evenings most of the time.

I do miss them being little, but I am thoroughly enjoying who they are becoming as they grow up.

And while I still may miss those parts of my life back then, I thoroughly enjoy my life as it is now.  I love my job.  I choose to surround myself with people who mean a lot to me.  Who are caring, positive, sarcastic in a fun way, and witty.
And I still like to read those blogs.  It gives me inspiration and ideas to find time to still do some of those things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment