Sunday, October 9, 2011

Feeling Free

I was recently reminded of a time recently......


The other night on Facebook a conversation was going on in which I was involved with.  In that conversation, I was reminded of one particular day........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One day this last summer I drove up to L.A. to pick up my youngest daughter from the airport, as she went on vacation with my sister.

Because of the traffic up in L.A., and the fact that it was a good excuse to take time off from work, I made extra time to go visit a dear friend before picking up my daughter.

He was working in downtown L.A. that day, by MacArthur park.

We got to chat and have a nice visit.  We discussed so many things, in depth talks.  We were sitting on a ledge/half wall in the park.  During that time, we noticed performers preparing to begin their show.  He nodded for me to come watch.

Wow....I was blown away.

I can't even tell you the name of the group, but the energy they provided as they performed made me feel alive.

I stood there, entranced by the music.  The show.  I danced along.  I stayed there as long as I could, as I truly did not want to leave that moment, that event.

Even now, 3 months later, when I think back to that day, I can FEEL the energy, the sense of truly feeling ALIVE.   Feeling like anything is possible.  Wanting to bring my girls to a concert like this.  A feeling of just being free.

And as corny as this sounds, watching that performance, and the static energy all around, I felt like I could get some sense of how it was back in the 60's.  Just feeling FREE.

This is a feeling I want to hold on to.  The feeling that anything is possible.   The feeling that I CAN do this.  The feeling that I want to live life to the fullest.  Fulfill my dreams.  Take chances.  Make my way through life dancing, living, smiling, laughing, even crying, and appreciate everyone in my life around me.

1 comment:

  1. Love the definition you gave us of that feeling. Go with it!!

    ReplyDelete