Sunday, May 8, 2011

Nothing


I've had many a thought in my head today.  I've tried to figure out how to put it down into words and the words keep failing me.

So this post is about "Nothing" in particular.

The word "Nothing" reminds me of the TV Show, "Seinfeld".  Remember that episode about where they were going to create a show about NOTHING?

Sometimes it's best to do nothing.  Not a SINGLE DAMN THING.

Sometimes, even though you WANT to do something, sometimes, the best thing is to actually do nothing.

Let those thoughts settle in your head.

Give it a day or two to ponder on those thoughts.  Because, more often than not, those thoughts might become more clearer as the day or two passes.

I KNOW what I want to do, but sometimes it's not always a good thing to act on that.

I learned this from a good friend of mine who I have been good friends with for almost 4 years now.  This friend and I have had many a talk over the years, and I have learned quite a bit from this friend.  Granted there are those times when this friend is wrong, but for the most part, I have received good advice.

And doing "Nothing"  is one thing this friend taught me.   And it's not about avoidance or anything like that.

Judy to be put aside for the time being.

So that's what I'm going to do.

Nothing.

And you never know.  Maybe in a few days life will happen and those thoughts won't even need to be re-examined.

1 comment:

  1. "Be still" is often wise, I think. And being quiet usually can't hurt either.
    at least, for a bit. :-)

    ReplyDelete